Jowar Dry Dates Cookies
- 300g jowar flour
- 300g dry date powder
- 3/4 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Warm the macadamia nuts and crush them in a grinder till a little oil is released.
- Mix all the ingredients.
- Rub the ingredients together till the flour can be gathered into a crumbly ball.
- Add a little hot water at a time to knead the dough. It will not come together like wheat and will remain crumbly. That’s fine. Don’t add too much water in the effort to make a dough or the cookies will become soggy.
- Make balls of the dough, roll them out to about half cm thickness. Again, they’ll have cracks but let that be.
- Cut them into shapes.
- Place the cookies in an oven tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 170-degree Celsius for 20-25 minutes.
Contributor: Monica Samuel
If you like this , you may like another healthy cookies recipe of Karachi biscuits!
In case you dont know what millet is, wikipedia is here to help you.