- Almonds butter-200 gms
- Kimiya dates- 13-15 deseeded n mashed
- Raw cacao powder-1-2 tbsp
- Water or almond milk-as per requirement
Almond butter recipe
Add dry roasted Almonds in a grinder to 1″ height of a jar.
Pulse till almonds leave the oil and turn into paste, without adding any water.
- Grind almonds in the chutney jar till very fine paste .It will take quite some time to reach fine consistency .
- Add mashed Dates, half of the Raw cacao powder to almond butter. You can also add date paste, keeping in mind the consistency and sweetness of the spread.
- Pulse again , add almond milk or water to get desired consistency. Taste the butter and add more cacao powder to get more chocolaty taste and colour. You will be tasting the spread and adding the sweetner and cacao to get the favourite taste. One of my favourite job.😋
- Please note as you add dates or date paste, the butter gets thicker . So keep checking and adding liquid to run the blender smoothly.
- Fill in the glass jar. This spread, if you can save from kids, last for 10 days in the fridge.
The cacao powder is full of antioxidants, fat, carbohydrates, protein, polyphenols like flavanoids that are antioxidants, minerals like calcium, magnesium, sulfur, copper, iron, zinc and potassium, oleic acid which is a heart-healthy essential monounsaturated fat, fiber and vitamins E, B2, B1, B5, B3 and B9.
Contributor: Seema bali