- 1 cup thick coconut milk (grind fresh grated coconut with warm water, squeeze and remove milk by passing it through a sieve)
- 1/4 cup thick cashew cream
- (Soak cashews for 4 hrs and grind with very little water to make cashew cream)
- 3-4tbsp Date paste (as per taste)
- 2 tbsp oats powder.
- 1/4 tsp elaichi powder
- 2 tbsp chopped pista
- Few strands Kesar (saffron)
Note- Please Do Not use store brought Coconut Milk or Coconut powder.
- Soak the saffron in some water and leave it for 10mins. Till then blend all the ingredients except the saffron n pista
- Once blended add the pista and saffron water and mix with a spoon. Do not Blend.
- Refrigerator this mixture for an hour or two before pouring in the moulds
- Mix the mixture well. Pour it in moulds, cover and freeze. It’s important to cover, otherwise ice crystals will be formed.
- Before serving, remove from the freezer and leave it at room temperature for couple of mins. Demould and garnish with few pista saffron strands n serve.
- You can also, substitute brown rice flour for oats , but then you will have to cook the mixture for 5 mins till it thickens. Cool it, add the nuts n saffron and then add in moulds
Contributor: Madhura Vayal