Preparation Time: 20-25 mins
Serving: 4 – 5
Quantity : 18-20 Modak
For outer cover –
1) Nachani /Ragi Atta : 1 cup
2) Whole Wheat Flour : 1 cup
3) Salt : one pinch
For Stuffing –
1) Grated Coconut : 2 cups
2) Jaggery Powder : 1 1/2 cup
3) Cardamom Powder : 1/2 tsp
4) Roasted Poppy Seeds : 1/2 tsp
5) Dry fruits like raisins , almonds, cashews all chopped (as per choice)
For dough :
1) In a bowl mix both Atta and pinch of salt and knead the dough as the consistency of chapati dough.
2) Cover it and Keep aside for 15/20 mins.
For Stuffing :
1) In a pan mix coconut and jaggery.
2) Put the pan on low flame and keep stirring.
3) Once the jaggery is dissolved and the mixture is firm add in it, cardamom, poppy seeds and dryfruits.
4) Let the mixture cool.
5) Make small balls of Atta and roll them in small puri.
5) Fill small portion of stuffing in puri and mold it in Modak shape.
6) Steam it for 20/25 mins in steamer or idli stand.
Contributor: Archana Joshi