Makes– 30 ladoos
Ingredients Rava nariyal laddoo:
2 cups freshly grated coconut
1 cup rava
11/2 cup jaggery
1 cup water
1 tbsp chopped almonds
1 tbsp chopped cashews
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup dry coconut powder for coating
1. Dry roast the nuts.
2. Dry roast semolina..
3. Switch off the flame, add the coconut and mix well..keep aside.
4.Combine the jaggery and water in a saucepan, mix well and cook for 5 to 6 mins. Keep the syrup aside to cool slightly.
5. Heat the pan and add the semolina coconut mixture, cashews and almonds and cook on medium flame for 5 mins, while stirring continuously.
6.Add the jaggery syrup and cardamom powder, mix well, add coconut milk and cook on a medium flame for 8 to 10 mins.
7. Transfer the mixture into a thali and spread it evenly. Keep aside to cool for 1/2 to 1 hour.
8. Once cooled, divide in equal portion and shape into a round ladoo.
9. Coat each ladoo in dry coconut powder.
10. Ladoos are ready to serve.
For visitors who aren’t sure what Rava is, here’s wikipedia to help you.
If you liked, this you may like another interesting post from our recipe box: Foxtail Millet Pudding.