●Whole Oats -1 cup
●Whole Oatmeal -1 cup
●Whole wheat flour -1/2 cup
●Banana- 2, made in to puree
●Apple – 1 pureed
●Kimiya Dates- 6 to 7 de seeded and pureed with apples or banana.
●Almonds or favourite mixed nuts – 10 roughly chopped
●Vanilla powder – 11/2 tsp
●Flax egg – 1
●Raisins- 10- 12 chopped
●Baking powder -1tsp
● Peanut butter – 2tbsp
- Preheat the oven at 180°.puree the fruits and dates. Chop all nuts n raisins.
- Take all the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix them together
- Add in the apple and date sauce, banana puree, flax egg , peanut butter to the dry ingredients and mix well
- Mix well and then add the nuts and combine well.
- Fill the mixture in the cups leaving 1/4 space above the mix.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180° for 25 to 30 min. Let it rest for 5 min. demould and enjoy.
- You can use various flavour in this recipe. Use coco powder for chocolate muffins and also can use little jaggery syrup if you find the mixture too hard to stir.
- To make flax egg grind flax seeds into powder. Take 1 tbsp (15 gms ) in a bowl add 3 tbsp water, let it rest for 5-7min . It will look like gel . This is called flax egg. We can replace eggs with flax egg in baking.
- Grind whole oats in a grinder to powder to get oatmeal.
Contributor: “Sharan for Mom ” programme