- 250gms organic whole wheat pasta, cooked as per packet instructions.
- 1 cup pumpkin, unpeeled, cubed.
- 1/2 cup soaked cashews
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped.
- 1/2 medium sized onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp mixed herbs.
- Sea salt to taste
- Boil the pasta as per the packet instructions. Don’t forget to add salt to the water while boiling
- Steam the unpeeled pumpkin pieces, onion and garlic for 7-8mins.
- Blend the steamed pumpkin onion garlic with cashews, mustard powder, lemon juice, turmeric, salt into a thick sauce. Add little water at a time while blending. The sauce shouldn’t be runny.
- Strain the pasta. Reserve a little pasta water at the side. Add the pasta sauce and mix well. If the pasta sauce feels too thick after mixing add the reserved pasta water to get the necessary consistency. It should coat the pasta well.
- Serve, sprinkle with the mixed herbs.
- Adding tomato to this sauce will give a very dull unappealing red colour…
- Make a tomato based sauce separately and drizzle this sauce on top for the cheesy effect
Contributor: Madhura Vayal