- 1 cup red or brown rice
- three-fourth cup toor dal
- Tamarind (lemon size)
- Some veggies: onion,beans,carrot,etc
- sambar masala
- Lal mirchi 4 to 5
- Methi seeds half tsp
- Jeera and pepper half tsp
- coriander leaves
- mustard seeds, curry leaves, roasted cashews for tadka
- Cook 1 cup red or brown rice with three fourth cup toor dal. (soak rice overnight as the rice takes longer time to cook).
- Separately soak imly (lemon size).
- Steam veg onion,beans,carrot,etc. Add imly extract and boil it for about 10 minutes.
- Add sambar masala ( dry roast following: Dania 3 tsp. Chennadal 1tsp. Lal mirchi 4 to 5. Methi seeds half tsp.jeera pepper half tsp. Dal chini,khus khus half tsp.grated coconut, little hing, grind together above ingredients)and mix it with boiling imly water with veg.
- Then add cooked rice with dal.
- Allow it to boil for 5 minutes.
- Then do tadka with mustard seeds, curry leaves, roasted cashews.
- On top decorate with coriander leaves.
Shared By: Chitra Aunty