- One cup red or brown rice.
- Three-fourth cup urad dal
- little powdered dry ginger,pepper, jeera, hing
- salt per taste
- little coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp roasted and powdered til.
- Take the dal and urad dal and soak them overnight.
- Grind the above.
- It is enough if u grind them just for three or four rotation in mixie.
- It is not necessary to grind it nice.
- Add salt.
- Allow it to ferment.
- Just before making idly add little powdered dry ginger,pepper, jeera, hing.
- Add little coconut milk.
- Add little roasted and powdered til.
- Mix it well and pour it up to 1-inch vessel with flat bottom and cook it cooker for 15 to 20 minutes (like dhokla is cooked).
- Remove it after cooking and cut it into pieces.
- Kanjeevaram idly is ready to serve
Contributor: Chitra Aunty