Serving size – 6 / 8
Time – 45 mins
- 3 cups of rice
- 2 large onions
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 2 medium carrots (sliced lengthwise)
- 1 medium potato (sliced in small pieces with skin)
- 100 gms of green beans 1 medium size of green capsicum 4 cloves of garlic
- Small piece of ginger
- 4 whole cinnamon sticks
- 4 bay leaf
- 10 / 12 black pepper corns
- 4 / 5 whole green cardamom
- 4 /5 whole star anise
- 10/12 soaked raisins
- 1 tspn of cumin powder
- 2 tspn of briyani masala
- 1 tspn of garam masala
- 1 tspn of fennel powder ( sauf powder)
- Salt to taste
1. Rinse the rice well and soak it in sufficient amount of water for at least 30 mins.
2.Make a paste of onions,tomato , garlic & ginger.
3. Boil sliced carrots and cut green beans for 10 mins or till they are cooked.
4. Roast the whole spices for few minutes till they realise their aroma and then add the onion paste.
5. Add some water and let the paste get cooked nicely. 6. Add the garam masala and rest of the masala to it.
Keep adding water till everything cooks well and it starts to realise water and oil of its own.
7. Drain the water from the rice. Add the rice and mix the masala well into it.
8. Add just enough water to let it cook in the pressure cooker. Add salt. After 2 whistle , switch off the gas and let the steam out.
9. Open the lid and mix everything together again.
10. The rice grain should be tender and separated from each other. They shouldn’t be sticky.
(If you think the rice needs further cooking , just give one more whistle and let the steam out)
(You can make the same thing in a rice cooker as well)
Contributor: Ketki Damle