Makai ki roti
2 cups maize flour ( makai ka aata)
Salt to taste
Makai ka aata for rolling
- Combine the maize flour and salt and knead into firm dough using enough warm water.
- Cover and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 10 equal portions and roll out each portion into a 125 mm. (5″) diameter circle with the help of a little maize flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) on a high flame and when hot, place the roti gently over it.
- Cook it till small blisters appear on the surface. Turn over the roti and cook for few more seconds.
- Cook it on an open flame till it puffs up and brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining dough portions to make 9 more rotis.
- Serve it with sarson ka saag
Contributor: Saee Bapat