Today’s recipe is peanut munchies, my family’s favourite since we have stopped buying any ready made snack. It is made without oil, crunchy and easy to prepare snack. Ingredients too are readily available at home so can be made instantly.
- 1 cup peanuts
- 1 cup besan
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- Himalayan salt to taste
- Preheat oven for 10 mins on 200c.
- Mix well in a bowl.
- Sieve everything except peanuts with a fine sieve.
- Dip peanuts in water.
- Immediately remove peanuts from water and add in the sieved mixture.
- Mix lightly and add 1 or 2 spoon water from the corner of the bowl if required.
- Sieve with bigger sieve to remove excess flour if required.
- Keep it in the preheated oven for 7 minutes.
- Spread it on a lightly greesed glass ovenware.
- Check and break them apart if peanuts get stuck and keep for 5 mins more.
- Peanut munchies r ready to serve 🙂
- Serve with finely chopped onion, tomato, cucumber and grated raw mango, garnish with coriander. Use it anywhere to give than crunchy feel in your meal. It can be used in chats. and as a topping in khichdi, millet upma and even dal chaval. We can also coarse grind it to garnish many dishes..
Contributor: “Sharan for Mom ” programme