This recipe traditionally made with all refined ingredients , like maida , hydrogenated oil. It’s considered very unhealthy for our heart.
Here we are learning a healthy version of this recipe which is loaded with good plant protein, whole fat and calcium which is essential for kids overall growth.
Sesame seeds are the highest source of good quality calcium. 100gms of sesame seeds provide 1156 mgm of calcium. Isn’t it a super news. That’s why sesame seeds are one of the super foods.
This recipe makes a very good evening snack. V handy in school tiffins with Tahini and sunny spread . It makes a complete meal with these spreads.
So here we go with our recipe.
- Besan – 200 gms (Chickpea flour)
- Fresh Coconut -1/2 .Grate and grind in the grinder adding 1/2 cup warm water. Make a paste.
- Rock Salt/ sea salt- as per taste
- Ajwain/ Carom seeds- 1/2 tsp.
- Sesame seeds-1 tb.sp.
- Soda bi carb – 2 pinches
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees .
- Take a small ball and roll it into a thin log.
- Take 200gms Besan, 1 t.spn carom seeds, 1 tb.spn of sesame seeds, 2 pinches of soda, salt as per taste, in a bowl.
- Add all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Knead it into a dough using coconut paste and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Make a beautiful pretzel shape.
- Bake in Try different shapes. Involve your kids too and you can end it having like this.a preheated oven until golden brown . It usually takes 15 to 20 minutes.
- When cool, store these in an airtight jar.
- We generally have fried snacks in the evening. So this recipe is a good healthy alternative to the fried ones.
Contributor: Seema Bali