Rice flour – 1 cup
White urad dal – ½ cup
Green chillies chopped – ¾
Ajwain – ½ tsp
Ginger -1 inch chopped
Coriander – 1 tbsp chopped
Salt- to taste
Hing – 2/3 pinches
- For the stuffing, soak urad dal overnight. Grind dal to very thick paste by adding very little water. ( thick paste)
- Add salt, hing, ajwain, green chillies, ginger, coriander and mix well. Keep it aside
- For the cover, boil 2 cups of water. Mix the rice flour with little water and start mixing. Make a dough like you make for chapatti.
- Take a small rice dough in hand , spread like puri and fill one spoon of urad dal mix. Fold it in half.
- Steam these in a vessel / pressure cooker w/o lid like momos.
- Cut it into pieces and enjoy.
Contributor: Yogita Kapoor